Va Va Voom OOMPH - Boots Large Sleep Hair Rollers








I purchased these sleep-in hair rollers after reading Laura's post. I love her blog and not only do we both love a bit of va va voom volume and OOMPH to our hair but we actually have quite similar hair type/hairstyles (when I'm not wearing my extensions) so I thought these would work perfectly in my hair.













I purchased these sleep-in hair rollers after reading Laura's post. I love her blog and not only do we both love a bit of va va voom volume and OOMPH to our hair but we actually have quite similar hair type/hairstyles (when I'm not wearing my extensions) so I thought these would work perfectly in my hair.

There are six in a pack and I wear four-five at a time as I only use them around the crown. They cost £4.99 and have a 'self grip action to style wet or dry hair without the need for grips or clips and are suitable for use with a hairdryer and styling solutions.' 

I've found that I don't need to add any kind of kirby grip or hairnet (old school!) as the rollers stay almost perfectly in place even though I am a very restless sleeper. I don't use any heat on them whatsoever (I allow my hair to cool after blowdrying and I don't use straighteners on it) nor do I spray with hairspray. It really is as simple as spending about 30-60 seconds applying each roller into the hair and then leaving them until the morning.

I have found that the lift they give at the roots is absolutely amazing. My natural hair is shoulder length and towards the end of my hair I can see that my hair just begins to curl. I brush through my hair gently after removing the curlers and any kinks vanish instantly. I would imagine that on longer hair these may produce more of a curling effect (or if you were to use a lot of heat with them or apply directly to wet hair) than the purely 'lifting' effect seen on mine (and Laura's hair)  The photo below shows both the volume and lift to my roots and also the subtle curl added to my extensions after wearing the rollers for a few hours before my Valentines meal.

To use:


  • Comb through a section of hair and place a roller at the end of the section.
  • Curl to scalp in the direction required.
  • Push gently to fix in position.
  • To remove: gently lift roller and unwind.
  • Comb or brush lightly to style as required.




'But are they comfortable!?'

Surprisingly the answer is yes. The very first night I wore them I did find it bizarre and I really noticed them as I tried to get comfy but by the second night I was completely used to how they feel and fell asleep easily. The spongy inside (which I thought was packaging so stupidly removed and then had to spend ages trying to poke it back inside the roller - don't make that mistake!) allows them to be flexible and soft as you lie down or toss and turn.



As I mentioned, I am a RESTLESS sleeper. I toss and turn and flip the pillow over 5,00 times a night and have a tendency of sleeping on my side with my hands on my face in the praying-position thus resulting in a daily kink on the right hand side of my head. The constant tossing and turning also leaves my hair feeling knotted, static and can leave it feeling lank and greasy. 

I was contemplating purchasing one of those silk pillows to eliminate this bedhead but they cost THIRTY POUNDS -  so I'm SO glad I found the solution in these £4.99 rollers. I wake up with my hair looking salon-blow dryed instead of bedhead bedraggled. It really does save me a lot of time and effort and I believe will help the health of my hair - I don't need to constantly Batiste or Backcomb my roots for volume, nor do I need to straighten the kink in my hair day in and day out.



I give this product a 5/5 and would highly recommend. 



I have a post on the enrapture rollers coming soon for those girls who are looking for the proper glam curls! (They are currently sat on my mums vanity table as she's stolen them off me as she's decided they're the 'best rollers EVER' - I shall be stealing them back very soon and asking her to help with the blog post on them.)










Share:
© Jennifer Rosellen | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig